Are you a serious, direct, and analytical person comfortable taking the lead in a growing business department? Do you consider yourself adept at working independently and do you excel in troubleshooting roles? Would people describe you as honest and highly reliable? Are you known for your ability to execute daily tasks with a high degree of expediency and accuracy?
If you are this person, we are currently seeking motivated and experienced individuals to fill a position on a growing team as a field mechanic based out of the Farmington, New Mexico area.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Daily operation of all compression and pump unit equipment on well locations and CDP’s.
- Service, maintain, and test engine shutdown systems
- Troubleshoot compressors and natural gas engines and complete field repairs as needed.
- Ability to do a complete in frame overhaul and complete rebuilds is a plus.
- Maintenance and proper use of company issued equipment including phone, vehicle, tools, computer, etc.
- Accurately maintain and submit required reports and logs.
- Monitor scada data and production.
- Minor maintenance on production equipment.
- Ensure an environmentally compliant site.
- Ensure safe working environment.
- Respond to call outs and on call scheduling as needed.
- Experience working on GM, KOHLER, CAT, KAWASAKI, FORD, CUMMINS AJAX, ARROW & WHITTE natural gas engines is preferred.
- 2+ years oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work a full-time work schedule plus overtime if required.
- Capable of working in difficult outdoor environmental conditions i.e., summer, winter, wind, rain, etc.
- Capable of lifting 70# weight with a safe lifting procedure.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record with ability to maintain a DOT health card.
- Proficient in the use of computers utilizing a MS Office environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, without direct supervision.
- Strong initiative and self-starter.
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization.
- High School diploma or GED required, with some technical training a plus.
Job Posted: January 1, 2023
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.