Are you a serious, direct, and analytical person comfortable taking the lead? Do you consider yourself adept at working independently and do you prefer roles that benefit from the existence of a process to drive strong outcomes? Would people describe you as honest and highly reliable? Are you known for your ability to execute daily tasks with a high degree of expediency and accuracy?
If you are this person, we are currently seeking motivated and experienced individuals to fill the position of Lease Operator based out of the Farmington, New Mexico area.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Daily operation of all equipment on locations i.e. compressors, valves, vessels, pump, artificial lift equipment, etc.
- Daily operations of emergency shutdown systems.
- Maintenance and proper use of company issued equipment including phone, vehicle, tools, computer, etc.
- Process controls and oil and gas measurement.
- Troubleshooting and correcting of unusual operating conditions.
- Accurately maintain and submit required reports and logs.
- Monitor scada data and production.
- Minor maintenance on production equipment
- Monitor equipment for optimal efficiency.
- Scheduling tank liquid handling.
- Ensure an environmentally compliant site.
- Ensure safe working environment.
- Respond to call outs and on call scheduling as needed.
- Experience working as a lease operator is strongly preferred.
- 1+ years oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work a full-time work schedule plus overtime if required.
- Capable of working in difficult outdoor environmental conditions i.e., summer, winter, wind, rain, etc.
- Capable of lifting 70# weight with a safe lifting procedure.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Proficient in the use of computers utilizing a MS Office environment.
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, without direct supervision.
- Technical skills related to math and analytical processes.
- Strong initiative and self-starter.
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization.
- High School diploma or GED required, with some college or technical training a plus.
Job Posted: July 1, 2023